The Massage Therapy Benefit and criteria for coverage under PEIA's PPB Plans will change, effective July 1, 2012. The new Massage Therapy Policy
outlines the changes, which include:
1. Massage therapist must be nationally certified (see exception in this policy);
2. The addition of a $10 per visit copayment for the initial 20 visits;
3. The addition of a $25 per visit copayment for medically necessary visits over the 20 visit maximum;
4. The treatment plan and physician’s order must be submitted with the initial claim and subsequent to that when the treatment plan is changed.
5. Massage Therapists must carry a minimum of $2 million in malpractice insurance. This requirement is subject to audit.
If you have questions or concerns regarding these changes, you may contact PEIA at 888-680-7342.