PEIA will offer two new premium discounts starting July 1, 2011: the Advance Directive/Living Will discount and the Improve Your Score discount. Since PEIA cannot operate with less premium income than it has today, the Finance Board has proposed a $14 monthly premium increase for active employees, and a $4 monthly premium increase for retirees.Who Can Get the Discounts?
- Active employees covered by the PEIA PPB Plan A, B or C can avoid the $14 premium increase by having an Advance Directive/Living Will ($4 monthly discount) and participating in the Improve Your Score program ($10 monthly discount).
- Retirees covered by a the PEIA PPB Plan A, the Special Medicare Plan or Humana can avoid a $4 premium increase by having an Advance Directive/Living Will.
- The Health Plan HMO members will not receive this $14 premium increase and are not eligible for the premium discounts.
NOTE: For more information, listen to West Virginia Public Radio interview with Director Ted Cheatham about the premium discount program
.Advance Directive/Living Wills
PEIA will offer a $4 a month premium discount to members covered by PEIA PPB Plans A, B and C, the Special Medicare Plan or Humana who notify us via an affidavit that they have a executed an Advance Directive/Living Will.
An Advance Directive/Living Will is a legal document for making known your wishes about end-of-life care or what medical treatments you desire. It also can be referred to as a health care directive or physician’s directive.
A lawyer can prepare an Advance Directive/Living Will for you, or you can prepare it yourself. We print a copy of the form in the PEIA’s Shopper’s Guide each year, so if you have a Shopper’s Guide, you have the West Virginia Combined Living Will and Medical Power of Attorney form. Forms are also available on the West Virginia Center for End of Life Care's Web site, wvendoflife.org
, under "Resources & Links" and "Forms".
To let PEIA know that you have an Advance Directive/Living Will, log in or register on Manage My Benefits
. Under "Select Role," click "Policyholder." Under "Enrollment Selection Menu," click "Advance Directive/Living Will." Select "Yes" and "Continue" to complete the process. DO NOT SEND your Advance Directive/Living Will to PEIA.Improve Your Score
PEIA will offer a $10 per month premium discount to active employees covered by PEIA PPB Plans A, B and C who report their Improve Your Score measures. Improve Your Score is designed to make you and your doctor aware of individual health risks, including cholesterol, glucose or blood sugar, blood pressure and waist circumference. Participants receive a color coded report card which grades each of the measures as “green” (healthy), “yellow” (moderate risk) or “red” (high risk) while also providing an aggregate color coded score. The premium discount is based upon participation and not the color-coded outcome.
You have until April 30, 2011 to be screened and report the results. The initial discount will be applied to your Plan Year 2012 premiums, which begin in July 2011.
Here are the three ways to earn your discount:
1. Attend a Pathways to Wellness worksite health screening at your worksite. (You may also attend a screening at another worksite that is convenient for you, but you’ll need to notify a PEIA Pathways to Wellness Health Promotion Consultant.) Policyholders who had a health screening from Pathways to Wellness at a worksite health screening during Plan Year 2010 (July 1, 2009-June 30, 2010) or who have one in Plan Year 2011 by April 30, 2011, will be credited with having participated in this program, and will receive the premium discount. No further action is required if you had/have your screening through Pathways to Wellness; they will report your participation to PEIA, and you will receive the discount.
2. LabCorp will offer health screens on the second Saturday of each month from December through April 2011 in Beckley, South Charleston, Princeton, Fairmont, Lewisburg, Morgantown, Huntington and Parkersburg.
To register for a health screen or for more information, go to www.peiapathways.com
. You cannot register for a health screen by calling LabCorp directly.LabCorp Locations
3. If you’ve already had this blood work done through your physician’s office or another provider, you may click the link below to download the reporting form, have your provider complete the necessary information, then return the form to your PEIA Pathways to Wellness Health Promotion Consultant. (Remember, you will be responsible for any applicable coinsurance or copayment if your physician performs the screening.)
Results reported to the Pathways to Wellness program by April 20, 2011, will earn the policyholder the discount for all of Plan Year 2012 (July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2012). Results received after April 30, 2011, will be accepted, but there may be a delay in starting the discount. Beginning July 1, 2011, new hires and existing employees may report their results and the discount will generally be granted on the first day of the month following receipt of the results. Results submitted late in the month may result in further delays. Please note: the Improve Your Score discount is available to PEIA PPB Plan policyholders only. Dependents may participate in the health screening; however, you will not receive an additional premium discount.Improve Your Score Premium Discount Form